I am about to change the Christmas cooking game, people! And I’ll be changing it with two face-melting words. (BTW, you are safe. Urban dictionary tells me that indeed when I say “face melting” I am referring to the condition in which, due to an extreme exposure to an event of epic awesomeness, one loses all perception of space and time including ~but not limited to~ a brief lapse in physical awareness.)
And here they are!
(Did it work? Is your face melted?)
Okay, it was worth a shot. So here we go! If you are not familiar with tandem cooking, let me give you a little bit of an overview!
~Start in the microwave!
~Finish in the oven!
~Cut dinner prep in half!
If you have never tried if before and are feeling a bit skeptical, you are NOT alone! I’ve been where you are! When I joined Tupperware, I saw the Ultra Pro Ovenware products and Tupperwave Stack Cooker Products (which are incredible products for tandem cooking) and thought, “eh…sure.”
BUT, I purchased my own microwave safe Tupperware products (for a super low price, because when you join Tupperware, of course, you get AMAZING deals) and guess what? I was pleasantly surprised! Here are three awesome ways that YOU can use Tupperware’s microwave safe items to cut your cooking time in half this Christmas!
Speedy Mashed Potatoes (microwave only!)
- 3–4 russet potatoes, peeled
- ½ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Cut peeled potatoes into large chunks. Toss with salt and place in base of 3-Qt./3 L Casserole.
- Add water, stack and microwave on high power 15–20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Add milk and butter to cooked potatoes. Using masher, mash potatoes and mix in milk and butter.
- YOU ARE DONE in 20 minutes!!!
Freaky Fast Roast Chicken and Red Potatoes (tandem cooking)
- 4–5 lb./1.8–2.3 kg whole chicken
- 1½ tbsp. Steak & Chop Seasoning, divided
- 1 lb./455 g red potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place chicken in base of Ultra Pro Roasting Pan. Season with 1 tbsp. Steak & Chop seasoning.
- Invert Roasting Pan cover and place over base. Toss halved potatoes with olive oil and remaining Steak & Chop seasoning.
- Microwave on high power 20 minutes.
- Unstack the potatoes and chicken and place both into oven at 425° F/220° C. Bake for 20–30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165° F/75° C and juices run clear. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- ONE pan, two separate dishes, done in less than one hour!!!
Quick Deep Dish Apple Pie (microwave only!)
- 7 large Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- 6 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C. Cut apples into ½″/1.25 cm pieces.
- In the Ultra Pro 2-Qt./2 L Casserole Pan mix together apples, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt until well combined. Microwave on high power 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. In a medium bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in butter pieces with a pastry blender, or rub butter and flour mixture between fingers until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- Remove pan from microwave. Sprinkle topping evenly over top of apples. Place pan in oven. Bake 12 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.
- DONE in less than half an hour!!!
Think of all of the wonderful things you could be doing instead of spending so much time in the kitchen this Christmas! Not only are you saving time, you are saving an incredible amount of money in energy by refusing to let your oven and stove stay hot for hours!
To order your Tupperware, message me now!!!
Join this homeschooling mama on my Facebook page ~ https://www.facebook.com/momsavestimemoneysanity/
For a great video demonstration on how the Ultra Pro Ovenware works, click here
Tupperware Items to use for these recipes:
Tupperwave Stack Cooker
Ultra Pro OvenWare
Classic Impressions Butter Dish
Classic Impressions Bowl Set
Large Spice Shaker Set
Let me know in the comments section how you will save time this Christmas in the kitchen! Let’s do this!