I decided on a whim to start blogging less than one month ago. I hadn’t written in years (unless grocery lists count) and am already feeling incredibly liberated from the traps of the beautiful monotony that is my life as a home school mom of three kiddos. I say beautiful because I must remind myself that my children are a gift and on the insanely exhausting days, I can rest assured that my children are a gift from God. They are beautiful, and that’s important to note when they are asking me 290 questions per minute.
Anywho! Out of the blue, a fellow blogging babe, Amy Smith reached out to me and asked if I would like to be nominated for an award! And guess what? That’s right. I said yes before I even looked up what a Liebster Award was. Thank goodness it’s awesome and not a total off-the-wall recognition!
This is Amy Smith’s blog ~ https://justfilmforthought.blogspot.co.uk/ ~ she has been blogging for about three months and is following films, tv shows and and topics related to the cinema! Definitely worth a peek if you have not already checked her out!
What is the Liebster Award, you ask?
“The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the Internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest etc.”
Want to know more? Go to the official Liebster Award 2017 post ~ https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/
1. Thank the person that nominated you and put a link to their blog – they deserve recognition!
2. Display the award on your blog – either by using a widget or posting the award image in your post!
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself – this is optional
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award
6. List these rules in your blog post
7. Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the award and ask if they want to participate. If so send them a link to your Liebster Award blog post so they can be informed about it
8. Post a comment in the award post so your blog and post can be viewed.
My current favorite is http://thepioneerwoman.com/ ~ seriously? How could you not? I love the “quickest easiest meals ever” section!
This is one of my faves right now:
Ten Random Facts About Me!
1. I hate pickles.
2. I love Christmas lights.
3. I am a dedicated homeschool mom, who doesn’t always enjoy homeschooling.
4. I forget my anniversary every year, but so does my husband so we are even.
5. I am a procrastinator.
6. I love crafting.
7. I am a thrift store junkie, but not a hoarder.
8. I used to have the time and energy to work out three times a day for no reason. I weighed like 6 pounds.
9. I like my space, but love being around people…at the right time.
10. I follow Christ.
My questions from Amy:
1. What scent of candle best describes you? Is there anything that smells like laundry detergent and stress?
2. What would you say is the meaning of life? To serve the Lord and share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. You can visit one fictional world, where would it be? Narnia
4. Dogs or cats? Dogs, for sure.
5. Describe a film in just five words (and see if anyone can guess what it is). Naughty monkeys flying from castle.
6. What song would be in the soundtrack of your life? White and Nerdy by Weird Al
7. Why did you start blogging in the first place? I started bogging for several reasons. I missed writing in general, I also love that I can connect my followers with my general guidelines weekly when it comes to saving time, money and sanity!
8. What is your most used social media and why? Facebook, it’s my window to the world outside!
9. What is the object nearest left to you? My couch.
10. Do you eat or drink anything whilst blogging? Are you kidding me? Coffee. I also drink the tears of my children which I save up from the dreaded chore time.
My questions for my nominees:
- What food do you crave most often?
- What’s your version of, “there are two types of people in this world…”
- What quote do you try to live by?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
For this award I will be passing it on to six other bloggers. They are:
I am so excited to be nominated for this award, and am beyond thrilled to pass it onto others who are working hard at making their blogs a success!